Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious, smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
The Manager, Project Production will partner with the marketing team in the creation, development, and production of 360° marketing experiences for Hulu’s content marketing initiatives produced in-house. On a daily basis we creatively craft sound, video, and images precisely, effectively, and entertainingly into marketing experiences. The Manger of Project Production is integral to bringing all pieces together and is the core creative role between licensed, originals, visual design, and tech.This position requires someone who has a strong understanding of the creative process and the technical process – and understands how the two intersect. A strong candidate will be a self-starter, fanatically organized, detail-oriented, and tenacious. You’ll also project manage brainstorms and campaigns with Hulu’s talented sales and product teams to propose, manage, and execute new materials and solutions that extend the brand, appeal to clients, and employ new trends and technology. This role will also oversee the Original, Live and Licensed Project Producers to ensure day to day production is on track, within budget and delivering on our creative vision and mission.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee the Project Producers and their projects focusing on time management, creative excellence and keeping production within budget.
- Manage projects including both video and rich media components.
- Define and assess project requirements, day-to-day campaign creative management, individual project and master calendaring, and inter- and intra-department communication.
- Have the ability to shine under pressure, creating on-the-fly changes to meet tight deadlines.
- Partner with Marketing, Creative, Video Producers, Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters and other internal groups to create ultra high-quality design, video, and rich media materials.
- Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations.
- Possess a passion for delivering the best creative, but be able to find ways of producing it that does not jeopardize schedule and budget.
- Lead Live, Licensed and Originals production, assessing projects and delegating workload among the producer team based on scope, timing, and project fit.
- Work with project producer to foster growth and troubleshoot project road-blocks.
- Lead process and procedure improvements.
- Lead effective meetings and reviews, with the ability to assess and communicate clear next steps.
WHAT TO BRING
- Ability to convey thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in visual, verbal, and written format.
- Strong project management principles.
- Experience managing a team and understand how to grow their careers.
- Gracefully giving and receiving constructive and honest feedback on all creative projects.
- At least 8-10 years of experience producing design, video, and html5-based marketing creative in a professional advertising / agency / marketing environment
- Willingness to adapt is essential.
- A current knowledge of rich media, video technology, and video entertainment that can be applied to the Hulu advertising experience.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- A critical eye in terms of aesthetics.
- An ability and love of learning and innovating is essential.
- Technically savvy, a whiz at figuring out solutions on the fly to tricky issues.
- Comfortable working with team members who use Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects, Motion, ProTools, Soundtrack Pro, and SoundBooth.
- Knowledge of screen recording software such as Screen Flow or SnapzPro.
- Knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms and the ability to work in and prepare files for both platforms.
- BA/BS degree in relevant field.