Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Content Platform team is seeking a Software Developer who is sharp, motivated and will help build the technology backbone of Hulu. The Content Platform technology team is responsible for the end-to-end technology needs to acquire content from over 500 partners and deliver the highest quality video to tens of millions of users. We use technologies like Django, Redis, Kafka and Elasticsearch.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Understand and implement the best engineering practices to write well constructed and easy to maintain code; write defensive and robust tests
- Improve Hulu’s content ingestion and management system: APIs, publishing tools and workflows
- Design well architected solutions and build iteratively into systems while maintaining the best agile practices
- Communicate status with peers and/or managers and present views and opinions respectuflly
- Aid in onboarding new developers
WHAT TO BRING
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of top-tier software development experience
- Proficiency in Python or Java
- Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, data structures and algorithms (hashing, trees, graphs, search etc)
- Fundamental understanding of relational databases
- Good understanding of microservice design
- Enjoy delivering business value through our software
- Love of owning a problem end to end
- Relentless pursuer of better ways to solve problems and improve systems
- Knack for designing large scale distributed systems
- You can view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role apply! We want to hear from you!