Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Advertising plays a meaningful role in Hulu’s business and revenue. Hulu’s Ad Intelligence team is responsible for making Hulu to be data-driven and efficient in every aspect of advertising, including online targeting, delivery, pricing, inventory projection and management. Our tenant is a strong tech team to deliver E2E solution for Hulu’s advertising business, and our team covers tech areas ranging from research, big data to microservice. In addition to the backend services, our platform includes a set of front-end tools where our advertising and other business partners build up advanced targeting segments and generate business reports. Hulu’s Ad Intelligence team is seeking a senior full stack software developer who will be an outstanding addition to our team and will be leading technical design and implementation for our new microservices based targeting and attribution platform to enable optimization of our advertising business. The right person for this role is experienced on crafting and leading implementation for critical business frontends/backends, and is inquisitive and innovative on advertising products and data analysis. If you are someone who are proactive, hardworking in this domain, this is a phenomenal role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead to design, develop, scale and improve the data pipeline / service / user persona / targeting system
- Lead to continuously evolve and improve performance, scalability, and availability of backend services or data pipelines.
- Lead to improve Ad Intelligence applications to fit the evolving business and provide better user experience.
- Advocate engineering standard methodologies, including the use of design patterns, CI/CD, code review and automated unit/integration testing.
- Drive disruptive innovation and apply new ground breaking technologies
- Collaborate with program managers, product managers, and researchers in an open and innovative environment.
- Mentor team members, and guide their professional and technical development
- Communicate status to senior management.
WHAT TO BRING
- MS or PhD in computer science, EE or other quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of professional programming and design experience in Scala, Java, Python, and etc.
- Adept in at least one widely used Web development framework (React.js, Vue.js, Angular, etc.) and good knowledge of Web stack HTML, CSS, Webpack.
- Strong knowledge of Systems / Application Design and Architecture
- Experience of build industry level highly available and scalable service
- Knowledge of Hadoop or big data ecosystem
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Experience with processing large amount of data at petabyte level
- Experience in digital video advertising domain, such as guaranteed campaign delivery, audience targeting, contextual targeting, programmatic advertising, performance marketing attribution and etc.
- Experience with CRM, DMP, user persona and audience insights related work
- Experience with Docker, Airflow, Kafka, AWS, and etc.
- Experience of project and people management
- Proficiency in both written and oral English