Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Living Room team creates the Hulu client that runs on our most popular streaming-media devices. We’re looking for a front-end developer who loves creating great entertainment experiences, enjoys learning new technologies and is interested in working on the Roku platform. We are building the best streaming experiences the living room has ever seen. Everything we do directly affects millions of consumers, their experience with our service, and Hulu's business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to create best-of-class, delightful TV-watching experiences.
- Work with other mobile, device, and web developers to deliver a modern Hulu client UI to Roku devices
- Help redefine how we all engage with and consume video content in the living room.
WHAT TO BRING
- 6+ years experience as a developer and strong programming language and scripting skills.
- Proven experience improving code quality across the team
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc).
- Strong experience with Scrum.
- Experience promoting technical initiatives in the code
- In-depth knowledge of web-service and data-driven application architecture.
- Independent, proactive, and capable of driving for results under pressure and ambiguity.
- Ability to ramp up quickly on understanding new problems as they arise and produce solutions
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (Master’s preferred).
- Strong curiosity and ability to learn new languages
- Experience developing for Roku, or similar devices is a plus.
- Experience with streaming video, codecs, and DRM also a plus.