Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Android team is seeking a Principal Software Developer with a passion for mobile applications to join our team in Seattle. Our small, high performance team is responsible for the apps that millions of Hulu users experience their premium TV content on every day. We strive to create and maintain the best Live and Video on Demand (VOD) application on a broad set of Android devices, from phones to tablets, from Android 5.0 to the latest developer preview. We would love to see samples of your work. If you’ve got something to show, please make sure your resume or application links to your GitHub account or an app in the Play store.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to create best-of-class, delightful TV-watching experiences
- Implement the UI for new features and initiatives, working closely with the developers of the Hulu web site and living room apps
- Demonstrate engineering excellence by developing test infrastructures, writing documentation, ensuring high performance, and following an agile development methodology
- Support and mentor other developers on the team
WHAT TO BRING
- 7+ years of experience developing client apps
- 4+ years of experience developing native Android apps
- You have a deep understanding of Android Activity and Fragment lifecycles, custom views, and animations
- You have an excellent eye for app architecture design and object-oriented programming patterns
- You are fluent with Java, Android Studio, Gradle, ADB, etc.
- You have experience with Scrum and Agile best practices
- You are familiar with common Android libraries like RxJava, Picasso, Retrofit, etc
- You have experience with test-driven development, test automation, and/or CI
- You are independent, proactive, and capable of driving for results across teams
- You are a great communicator who collaborates well and shows team work ethic
- You have in-depth knowledge of web-service and data-driven application architecture
- You have experience with streaming video, codecs, and DRM