Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
At Hulu, number one priority is our customers. We make business decisions around our customers’ preferences. The Data Science Team at Hulu combines deep data analysis and research of our rich user data to present a compelling vision around user retention and preferences across the vast ecosystem of Hulu’s product offerings and content. We are looking for data scientists who are passionate about using data to drive strategy and product recommendations. You will be engaged with senior leaders to design well-constructed analyses and work cross-functionally with analysts, product managers and engineers to effectively deliver actionable results. You will work on variety of domains such as data science, machine learning and optimization; lead groundbreaking analytical solution development pipeline and contribute to external research via attending conferences and collaborations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Apply state of the art machine learning, statistics or data mining in a variety of areas, including content evaluation and engagement forecasting.
- Invent and fast iterate on novel solutions to challenging data related problems.
- Develop scalable and efficient methods for large scale data analyses and model development.
- Implement robust machine-learning models in Python.
- Collaborate with developers, program managers, and product managers in an open, creative environment.
- Mentoring and providing research and system guidance to a team of other researchers on a variety of areas including video content genome, social mining, data analysis, etc.
WHAT TO BRING
- Master's degree in MS in Statistics or related quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, Econometrics).
- 5+ years related experience such as analyzing data and/or building analytical models; in either an academic or professional setting and 5+ years relevant work experience.
- Real world model building experience to inform data driven decisions
- Ability to draw insights and conclusions from data to inform model development and business decisions.
- Desire to collaborate with other data scientists, data analysts, and business partners.
- Foundational understanding of machine-learning and statistical inference; familiarity with optimization concepts.
- Proficient in analyzing data and developing machine-learning models using scripting languages like Python, R, etc.
- Capable of reading and writing Object-Oriented code to review and implement models.
- Working knowledge of SQL to query large data sets in distributed systems.
- PhD in Physics, Engineering, Economics, Statistics or related quantitative field (e.g. Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research).
- Experience fully integrating data science solutions into the business and operationalizing ML models.
- Familiarity with ML frameworks like Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow
- Previous exposure to time-series forecasting, survival analysis, Monte-Carlo sampling and/or Bayesian inference.
- Knowledge of Collaborative Filtering.