Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Technology team is seeking a Vice President, Architecture who will be an exceptional leader for our Architecture team. As a Vice President, Architecture at Hulu, you will lead the technology vision and strategy to ensure that scalability and reliability are designed into all aspects of Hulu’s end to end solutions and its many components. The right person for this role will serve as the software design champion ensuring all components come together in a way that meets the high bar that our customers demand. While senior engineering leaders at Hulu are motivated to drive quality into all our product development lifecycle, key thought-leadership will come from this role. If you are someone who can serve as a company steward, who is also dynamic, innovative, and can drive state-of-the-art solutions to the organization, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead Hulu's architect community to drive Hulu's architecture's evolution
- Establish a strong collaborative culture with peers and other functions within Hulu.
- Promote a culture of success, pride, performance, discipline, and creativity
- Drive the software architecture roadmap and implementation of standards, methods, metrics, and procedures ensuring and evaluating the architecture of our software products, services, and infrastructure.
- Lead and instill a sense of urgency for product and process improvement to meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Architect, design and develop the next generation of Hulu’s service and client platforms.
- Work with other teams to define and implement the APIs
- Write effective tests and documentation
- Follow an agile development methodology
- Find and correct issues in a complex and rich environment using tools on various platforms
- Coach and mentor other engineers on the team to ensure that all software conforms to the highest quality standards
- Work with industry partners to advance new standards and get the most value out of external solutions
- Actively participate in architecture and design discussions with engineering teams across the entire company to help influence design and stability across the system
- Hire and develop the best architecture organization.
- Lead the Broadcast TV and OTT industry new standards for the live linear and VOD digital distribution.
WHAT TO BRING
- Strong leadership skills, especially the ability to lead through influence across functional and organizational lines
- Has demonstrated technical success in software and services engineering with a track-record of innovation
- Experience driving architecture into a complex product portfolio across a global engineering organization
- Proven success managing a portfolio of products with different development cycles and timelines, at different stages of maturity and market impact
- Has demonstrated ability in recruiting and retaining high performing technical teams
- Outstanding leader and team player who is comfortable with open-ended problems and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated the ability to improve engineering processes across large teams with success in implementing Agile and test-driven methodologies
- Ability to apply product knowledge to your test planning and acquire a deep understanding of the application UX, design details, logic, and dependencies in a fast-paced environment
- Conducted root cause analysis on production issues with other engineers and determine how we can prevent them in the future
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to present both business and technical information to a wide audience including customers, peers, and team.
- A committed leader who creates loyalty and trust. One who can energize people and teams, and make cross-functional cooperation happen. This individual must be highly respected by all levels up, down, and across the organization.
- Will solicit the involvement of others to build a sense of ownership. Must have the confidence to act quickly and decisively when the market requires such agility, and the ability to challenge norms and existing processes.
- Strong programming skills, and excellent knowledge of Linux, C/C++, Java, Python, networking, AWS, Rest APIs, security and web servers
- Expert in large-scale distributed system design
- Strong organizational, administrative, presentation and analytical skills
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent in industry experience
- 15+ years of enterprise software and 10+ years of staff management experience