Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu runs one of the largest video ad serving systems on the Internet, with thousands of advertisers and over a billion ads served per month. Before being served to a Hulu viewer, each one of these ads goes through a sophisticated workflow involving sales and planning, targeting, trafficking, and quality control, to deliver maximum value to our advertisers while maintaining an engaging overall experience for Hulu viewers. As the biggest video ad platform in the US, we have to create a lot of technology and a lot of approaches to maximize efficiency, performance, quality, and flexibility. We utilize a diverse array of languages and frameworks to tackle problems ranging from predicting traffic patterns and advertising inventory to building custom innovative advertising formats.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build elegant systems that are robust and scalable
- Challenge our team and software to be even better
- Use a mix of technologies including Scala, Ruby, Python, and Angular JS
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Strong programming (Java/C#/C++ or other related programming languages) and scripting skills
- Great communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic
- Strive for excellence
- Experience with both statically typed languages and dynamic languages
- Experience with relational (Oracle, MySQL) and non-relational database technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB)