Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu's Metadata Platform team is looking for a strong engineering manager to lead our Content Library team. This team is responsible for normalizing live and VOD catalog and rights metadata for all content on the Hulu platform.
Bring strong communication skills, both within engineering teams and with partners across the business. We are passionate about career development and have a consistent track record of attracting, hiring, and developing engineering talent, come join us!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build a great software development team through a combination of mentoring, guiding career development, leading recruiting, and pushing process improvement
- Engage with senior engineers in our team to improve Hulu's best in class live catalog infrastructure
- Lead an outstanding team of engineers; advocate for the highest quality standards
- Cultivate a great reputation, collaborate, and evangelize your team’s work across the all organizations at Hulu
WHAT TO BRING
- Demonstrated ability to attract talent, build teams and have fun
- 8+ years of in it software development experience; at least 3 year leading teams
- Expertise with core computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented programming, algorithms, and data structures
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-throughput web application
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
- Strong proficiency in full stack development including Java; Python a definite plus
- Background in streaming media platform development
- Experience working in AWS, and with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform
- Proficiency with performance tuning and monitoring tools such as NewRelic or Datadog