Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Datastore Infrastructure (DSI) team is seeking a Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As a Software Developer at Hulu, you will build platforms for high-performance and scalable datastores that power all of Hulu’s backends. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, quality, and uptime. If you are someone who gets excited with sub-millisecond service response time and building fault-tolerant systems at scale, love to know all the new NoSQL, SQL, and big data technologies, then this is a great role for you. Come help solve our datastore related challenges while revolutionizing streaming TV!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You'll develop platforms for high performance, large-scale, and highly available datastores used by teams across Hulu to the benefit of tens of millions of viewers.
- You'll plumb the depths of datastore solutions, both in theory and in practice. You’ll collaborate with engineering teams across Hulu to surface common pain points, develop solutions, and evangelize best practices.
- You'll work on defining and leading the adoptions of best practices and processes related to datastores for ridiculously large scale software.
- You'll collaborate efficiently with PMs and other developers to build datastores as a service to power our next generation video services.
- You'll experiment with new technologies to keep Hulu a leader in the field.
- You’ll have a lot of fun.
WHAT TO BRING
- 2+ years of experience developing high performance, large-scale distributed services.
- Proficient in at least one widely used server-side programming language (Java, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of different database technologies, and familiarity with Unix/Linux development environments.
- Drive to take initiative and own projects.
- Strong passion for automation, testing and code quality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a team-focused approach towards software development.
- Experience working with highly scalable and distributed databases, like MySQL, Spanner, Cockroach DB, Cassandra, Dynamo DB, Redis, etc.
- Experience working in a mix of Cloud and Enterprise data center environments.
- Experience developing and operating infrastructure systems and services.