Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Data and Analytics team is seeking a Senior Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our Strategic Analytics team. As a Senior Analyst, you will apply advanced analytics to develop and maintain forecast models for Hulu’s subscription and engagement KPI’s (e.g., subscriber acquisition, conversion, churn). You will develop multivariate/ univariate forecast models for our KPI’s using a variety of statistical techniques, track actual KPI trends vs. forecasts, conduct variance analysis, elevate significant deviations to leadership, refresh models quarterly, and incorporate models into annual budgets and long-range plans. You will be a critical partner to business leaders in helping them understand how the business is performing and is forecasted to perform. The right person for this role has exceptional analytical abilities, expertise in statistical modelling techniques, and a demonstrated ability to effectively partner with business leaders in embedding analytics output into business processes. If you are someone who is passionate about driving value through analytics, and thrives in a highly-visible and entrepreneurial role, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop robust forecast models for Hulu’s subscription and engagement KPI’s
- Apply advanced time series analysis techniques to improve the accuracy of forecasts
- Partner with business leaders to define/validate/refine KPI’s and underlying metrics and assess performance of subscription and engagement forecasts
- Develop a baseline for KPIs and a framework of critical tests to flag any early indicators of over/under performance in these key metrics and prescribe/perform further root cause analysis where required
- Manage monthly/weekly/quarterly KPI reporting and variance analysis
- Provide senior leadership with additional clarity into business performance, drivers, and risks based on KPI trends
- Support KPI forecasts for quarterly updates, annual budgets, and long-range plans
- Measure and improve the quality of forecasting methods on an ongoing basis
WHAT TO BRING
- Master’s in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Econometrics or related quantitative field
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in building forecasting models and time series analysis
- Hands on predictive modeling experience in areas such as – multivariate regression, time series modeling, statistical significance tests, etc.
- Proficiency in R, Python, and/or SAS
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience in data visualization tools such as Tableau, QlikView, Shiny etc.
- Experience in big data ecosystems (Hadoop, No-SQL etc.)
- Experience with subscription business models
- Excellent relationship management and the ability to work across business units and functions