Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu’s Product Design Team is seeking a Principal Product Designer who will be an outstanding addition to our growing team. As a Principal Designer at Hulu, you will combine an exceptional design sensibility with user empathy, to make a huge impact in the new and rapidly growing online distribution channel for premium video. The right person for this role will envision and design experiences that engage, inspire, and delight. Work on a team that values brave ideas, attention to detail, help define and develop experiences that take advantage of instant TV and demonstrate innovative technologies and services to craft the evolution of our products. If you are someone who has an intuitive understanding for extraordinary digital experiences, intimate experience crafting visual brand systems, passion for high-end refined designs, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead and define the overall design strategy, UX and design system for Hulu's web products.
- Collaborate with Web Product and Development Leaders to connect design strategies to business results.
- Work with front-end developers to make sure product designs are delivered and coded to spec.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Work cross-functionally and help identify user requirements to shape and prioritize feature sets across Hulu's web platform.
- Assist in directing our quantitative and qualitative user research.
- Craft how we synthesize customer data from multiple sources to find opportunities and recommend design directions.
- Synthesize user feedback, user research and user data into actionable product decisions.
WHAT TO BRING
- 8+ years of experience working in a consumer product focused environment
- A love for design systems
- Outstanding visual design aesthetics
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Be able to communicate directly with Product Managers, Stakeholders, and Developers to translate their visions and constraints, into beautiful, functional products that will delight our users
- Strong business insight and able to talk about design from both a qualitative and quantitative standpoint.
- Ability to build wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to describe the user experience and interface
- Expertise in information architecture standard methodologies, navigation systems, and wayfinding
- Experience with mobile web strategy, responsive web design (RWD), and adaptive design
- Experience using Sketch App, Photoshop, Illustrator, Principle, Framer, Abstract and InVision.
- Degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field
- Experience with A/B Testing