Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Product Management team is seeking a Technical Product Data Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our team. Our ideal team member is someone who loves the hard problem of turning mounds of data into data stories, reports, and dashboards, that business and technical people can easily understand and can use to answer questions needed to manage high-visibility portions of the Hulu business.
Using your own knowledge of industry best practices, you will identify and track the key metrics that drive subscriber growth decisions and measure performance at Hulu to influence overall business strategy and product management efforts. You should love business analysis, analytics, data modeling, and accelerating growth.
This isn’t a job to own some boring tools or to create charts that nobody uses. This is an opportunity to help revolutionize how Hulu leverages its data to make strategic business and product decisions to grow its subscriber base. If you are someone who loves empowering others with data and thrives on helping people find and understand the information they need at the moment they need it, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner with Data Science, Business Development, Marketing, and Technology teams to gather, manipulate, analyze and document raw, complex data and share cohesive data stories that make sense to business and technical audiences
- Partner with Finance team to translate product decisions into subscriber and financial impact for our business
- Partner with Testing & Optimization teams supporting large-scale A/B testing and/or multivariate testing to generate hypotheses, identify gaps, size opportunities, and to provide in-depth insights on how we can improve the Hulu subscriber acquisition user experience
- Develop dashboards, visualizations and granular datasets that provide actionable insights on subscriber acquisition user flow enhancements
- Serve as tactical liaison for Product Management teams (including SEO, Web/mWeb Acquisition Funnels, Living Room, and Native Mobile Apps) to provide the most accurate and relevant information to help drive meaningful business decisions
- Continually design, test, and deploy new reports - all with the goal of providing a state-of-the-art reporting environment
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting needs while ensuring data accuracy & integrity
WHAT TO BRING
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst, Reporting Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Product Analyst, or similar field
- BS or MS in a Technical Degree or awesome experience that highlights your ability to geek out on reporting & analytics
- Experience in subscription businesses, billing cycles, and payment instruments
- Passion for turning data into insights and helping others unlock the power of their data
- Good leadership skills with a positive attitude and a proactive / self-starter mindset
- Be a team player with character, high humility and integrity, helping build a healthy team environment
- Proven ability to clearly articulate data stories to business and technical audiences
- Proficiency and solid foundation in statistics
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including Pivot Tables and VLookup) and Microsoft Powerpoint or similar tools
- Proficiency at web analytics tools including Google Analytics
- Proficiency at SQL Query development (MySQL, MSSQL)
- Proficiency at business intelligence dashboarding tools like Tableau, Looker, Jaspersoft, Cognos, Business Objects, Crystal Reports or similar
- Experience working with data in formats like CSV, JSON, and XML
- Experience with streaming media metrics and KPIs