Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
BJ Vertical Team at Hulu Beijing owns several core businesses inside Hulu, including search experience, voice control and content campaign. We are a vertical team, because we always focus on delivering end-to-end solution from user experience in different clients (mobile device, smart TV/set-top box, game console, web, ...) to complex business logic in multiple backends. The team is composed of smart engineers with different background and skills. Our tenant is a strong tech team to deliver E2E solution a role model to drive internal open source a cradle of the full stack engineers. If you already are an expert in some areas (either client or backend), and have a strong passion to expand knowledge/skill and welcome challenges in new areas, this team will be a place where your dream begins. Now, this team is looking for a software developer with strong experience building features in living room devices (different smart TV, set-top box, game console). This role is focused on reimagining, reworking, enhancing, and improving our living room device applications. In general, we’re looking for someone NOT just writing code to display data from a web-service. We work a lot with media live streaming web services that power our applications, and the technology to connect mobile app and living room device together. As a member of a small team, you would be expected to contribute not only to feature development, but also to our development culture – from improving our engineering practices to using new frameworks and languages – to ensure that we can build the best application for watching premium video content on living room devices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to create best-of-class, delightful TV-watching experiences.
- Implement the UI for new features and initiatives, working closely with the developers of the Hulu web site and mobile apps.
- Help redefine how we all engage with and consume video content in the living room.
- Build across UI, service layers, and backend technologies to create data-driven client solutions.
- Coordinate with QA with the implementation, testing and support of living room applications.
WHAT TO BRING
- 3+ years’ experience as a front-end developer and strong programming language and scripting skills.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc).
- Strong experience with Scrum and test-driven development.
- Work samples demonstrating experience creating great UI.
- In-depth knowledge of web-service and data-driven application architecture.
- Independent, energetic, and capable of driving for results under pressure and ambiguity.
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent (Master’s preferred).
- Experience with streaming video, codecs, and DRM is a plus.