Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Viewer Experience team is seeking a Training Coordinator. As a Training Coordinator at Hulu, you will play a key part in supporting all departmental training initiatives, including new hire onboarding, communication to all levels of leadership, and overseeing the administration of our Viewer Experience Training Program and Learning Management System (LMS). If you are someone who is passionate about viewer experience training, loves to support others and is a team player, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Administer our LMS, including course uploading, testing, reporting, and tracking.
- Support training programs, including logistical planning and setup, troubleshooting technical issues, and monitoring curriculum progress.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current operational practices.
- Assist in analyzing and finding solutions to training gaps and needs.
- Create, assign, and collect reporting for training surveys and roundtables.
- Communicate current and upcoming training initiatives on behalf of the entire team to various levels of Hulu employees.
- Oversee the administration of the training program such as, class attendance and call-in line, new hire system set-ups, document print-outs, classroom equipment readiness, inventory of technical and office supplies, and post-training transfer to leadership.
- Schedule in-class meet and greets, visitor meetings, production floor activities, and partner with Workforce Management when needed.
- Maintain an up-to-date training calendar and a report ready database.
- Coordinate and partner with Workplace Experience to implement training events.
- Develop relationships and partner with key influencers to effectively communicate.
- Track training costs and invoices.
- Other duties as needed.
WHAT TO BRING
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of training, coordination, and/or administrative experience/background.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to be flexible and independently manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and prioritization skills.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Office, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience working directly with Training, Operations and/or Customer Support teams.
- Experience with learning management systems and software.
- Experience with Google Docs.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.