Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Data Quality Management team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a Senior Software Developer at Hulu, you will be responsible for establishing the framework from ground up and ensuring data quality across Hulu’s global data systems and services. The ideal candidate will provide the technical skills and leadership to ensure we design, build and support fault-tolerant, high-performance, scalable data quality framework for both of structured or non-structured data. If you are a kind of person who is blown away by ‘Take That For Data’ video, loves to identify and resolve data quality issues, have passion to build amazing features and thrives in collaborative environment then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Contribute to the design, architecture and implementation of a data quality framework
- Own Hulu’s end to end data quality components to achieve the compliance with MRC and TAG
- Implement the data quality framework using the industry standard tool like Talend DQ suite as well as custom solution built in house
- Define quality KPIs through the end-to-end data pipelines, document, automate and enforce data quality. In addition to data governance standards and processes across Hulu’s data systems and services
- Identify any data quality issue and solve the issues with both of proactive and reactive way
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across different business units to deliver high quality data to our users
WHAT TO BRING
- Extreme attention to detail with excellent problem solving, and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills - ability to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate systemic defects and validate data quality
- Strong programming (Scala/Java/C#) and shell/python scripting skills
- 6+ years of hands-on knowledge and implementation experience on data quality practices, such as profiling, scorecards and dashboards, KPIs, and integration with metadata management
- 3+ years of experience working in a Big Data environment (Cloudera, Hortonworks, Hadoop/Spark) with leading open source technologies highly desired
- Expert knowledge of data quality architecture with open-minded approach
- Proficient in state-of-the-art data quality tools and technologies such as Talend, Pentaho, Paxata etc.
- Independent, energetic, highly technical, and strive for results under pressure and ambiguity
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of data architecture, MDM, data governance and data stewardship models as well as data dictionary