Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Data Quality Management team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a Senior Software Developer at Hulu, you will be responsible for implementing the framework to certify Hulu’s business KPIs and establish data governance standards and processes. The ideal candidate will provide the technical skills and leadership to ensure we design, build and support fault-tolerant, high-performance, scalable data governance and data quality solutions for both structured or non-structured data. If you are the kind of person who is blown away by the ‘Take That For Data’ video, loves to identify and resolve data quality issues, has a passion to build amazing features and thrives in a collaborative environment then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Contribute to the design, architecture and implementation of a data quality and data governance framework
- Implement metadata management and data dictionary solutions for Hulu’s data systems and services
- Work closely with data custodians and data stewards to apply data governance standards and processes across Hulu’s data systems and services
- Implement data quality and data governance solutions using industry standard practices as well as custom solutions built in house
- Certify Hulu’s KPIs through the end-to-end data pipelines
- Document, automate and enforce data quality
- Identify any data quality issues and solve the issues in both a proactive and reactive way
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across different business units to deliver trusted data to our users
- Coach and mentor junior members of the team and provide best data quality practices for data analysts
WHAT TO BRING
- Extreme attention to detail with excellent problem solving, and communication skills
- Expert knowledge of data quality architecture with open-minded approach
- Independent, energetic, highly technical, and strive for results under pressure and ambiguity
- Strong analytical skills - ability to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate systemic defects and validate data quality
- Familiar with at least one programming language like Scala/Java and excellent shell/python scripting skills
- 6+ years of hands-on knowledge and implementation experience on data quality practices, such as profiling, scorecards and dashboards, KPIs
- 4+ years of hands-on knowledge and implementation experience of MDM, data governance and data stewardship models as well as data dictionary
- 3+ years of experience working in a Big Data environment (Cloudera, Hortonworks, Hadoop/Spark) with leading open source technologies highly desired
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in state-of-the-art data quality and data management tools and technologies such as Talend, Pentaho, Foundry etc.