Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Product team is seeking a Director of Subscription and Billing Product Management who will be an exceptional addition to our Product Leadership team with product experience in e-commerce, subscription management, payments and billing systems development. As a Director at Hulu, you will build and lead a team of product managers to create the roadmap for our subscription management and billing program at Hulu, engage stakeholders to align priorities, resources, and budgets, and drive significant growth in our billing, payments, and sign up experience capabilities. The right person for this role will be an industry leader in subscription and payments platform building, a great collaborator, and mentor. The ideal Hulugan for this role should: build a talent pipeline, mentor Product Managers at all levels, foster innovation, create a healthy environment for all team members to grow with high humility and integrity. Influence and team building skills are essential for the success of this position, as well as being a customer focused product leader with a high entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to operate nimbly with a high-risk tolerance.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create and manage a multi-year roadmap for Hulu’s service capabilities – both powering the viewer experience as well as how developers build and deploy code.
- Define the organizational structure and scope the roles that Hulu needs to be successful in scaling our subscription management, billing, and payments platforms.
- Foster and sponsor innovation in our subscriber sign up experience and payments platform and identify new opportunities that will accelerate our technical capabilities and reduce the time to market of our products.
- Partner with our marketing, finance, and technical leaders to identify, scope, and deliver on new opportunities.
- Collaborate with the VP of Product, CTO, and technical leaders at Hulu to make Hulu a great place to build great experiences.
- Build a sustainable talent pipeline and grow healthy, creative, empowered and autonomous product teams
- Partner internally and externally to drive innovation in the Hulu service platform.
- Frequent travel between Seattle and Santa Monica, up to once per month, will be required for this position. Travel to our Beijing office will be required quarterly.
WHAT TO BRING
- Proven experience and success in driving high growth and scale in building subscription services and billing platforms that engage millions of users and empower development teams to do their best work.
- Deep expertise in subscription businesses (SAC, Churn, ARPU, CLV), billing cycles, and payment instruments
- Passion for TV and Movies and the experience people have with each
- Clear track record of creating and delivering on multi-year product strategy and roadmaps that resulted in recognized innovation in the industry
- 5+ years of managing product teams with a proven track record of developing talent
- Experience working in both highly agile environments as well as large product development efforts
- 8+ years preferred of product management experience overseeing the design, development and launch of successful services, with at least 3 years of multi-level management (manager of managers)
- Solid understanding of customer experience, business goals and competitive pressures and the ability to convert those into product requirements and priorities, and broadly communicate them to the organization
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent product judgment: Ability to make sound judgments based on tradeoffs of different solutions, complex problems, various stakeholders, and many constraints
- Project management skills: Ability to plan, set expectations, make and meet commitments
- Superb analytical skills: Ability to solve complex problems through analytics and data-driven approach to decision making
- Ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance market needs with business priorities, drive detailed trade-offs over the product lifecycle, manage conflict, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- Strong leadership skills: Ability to balance and productively resolve contradictory demands and timelines in order to deliver against the company vision and goals
- Technical background - CS, CE, EE (preferred)
- MBA (preferred)