Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst, Technology Financial Planning and Analysis who will be an exceptional addition to our Financial Planning and Analysis team. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will play an integral role in supporting the Technology and Experience departments in all financial matters relating to the budgeting, planning, and reporting of all elements of each departments’ respective Profit and Loss’ and Capital Expenditures. The right person for this role possesses strong analytical and communication skills, the ability to partner and work cross-functionally in a multi-facet organization, relevant IT business support experience, and sets a high-quality bar for him/herself. If you are someone who is interested in quantitative analysis, thrives on collaboration, and enjoys a fast-paced environment then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support the Technology and Experience business units with monthly actual-to-budget reporting by (1) preparing variance reports using data insight to identify trends; and (2) identifying pertinent financial highlights that will enable business leaders to determine progress against budgets
- Prepare month-end close analyses and variance commentary
- Partner with and support Technology and Experience team members in the creation and implementation of best-practice processes and financial reporting using both excel modeling and cloud-based financial software
- Provide data analysis and reporting metrics to be used in the preparation of the Annual Budget and Reforecasts
- Support any ad-hoc projects and financial analyses as needed, inclusive of any needs as result of being a key member of the larger Corporate Finance team
WHAT TO BRING
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in position(s) requiring data analysis and transferable skills to the key responsibilities of this role
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated facility with quantitative data analysis and evaluation of data trends to drive decision-making
- Professional decorum in the handling of sensitive information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking and organizational skills are vital
- A proactive, self-directed approach and the ability to learn quickly
- Big 4 or consulting experience preferred, or experience in Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis within the media, digital or tech industries
- Strong accounting knowledge and understanding of financial statements and US GAAP
- Experience with cloud-based or ERP financial software such as Adaptive Insights, Hyperion, or other software
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.