Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s payment and subscription team is seeking a Senior Software Quality Assurance Lead (otherwise known as a QA Manager) who will be an exceptional addition to our technology team. As a Senior Software Quality Assurance Lead at Hulu, you will head the quality team that will lead the charge in delivering the best-in-class experience to our viewers. As the lead, you will also be responsible for defining the QA strategy and process, rolling out test tools, automating testing and ensuring that every release conforms to Hulu’s high standards of quality and excellence. You will collaborate closely with the engineering leads, customer support, product and other technical teams in maintaining the premium user experience and launching exciting new features and products to millions of our viewers. If you are someone who has excellent communication skills, maintains a positive attitude and has good decision-making skills then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build a team of QA engineers that will deliver test engineering and CI/CD solutions and enable our engineering teams to rollout applications to a large number of devices and partners
- Work closely with our engineering teams to define and implement inventive automated test tools and processes
- Oversee creation and execution of test plans
- Work with product and engineering teams to define end-to-end and regression test strategies
- Recruit, Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members.
- Day-to-day management and long-term career guidance of a team of 4-6 QA Engineers and SDET’s
- Communicate status to senior management
- Create a high-performing, highly accountable team culture
WHAT TO BRING
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on software testing experience
- Minimum of 2 years in a management role overseeing a team of 5+ Engineers and SDET’s
- Minimum of 2 years working with agile techniques (i.e. Scrum/Kanban models)
- Proven experience identifying and implementing testing across multiple platforms and devices
- Experience with black box and exploratory testing in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with automation frameworks and strategy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Strong desire for establishing and improving product quality
- Willingness to take challenges head on, while being part of a team
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python, Ruby, Golang, etc.
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experience)