Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu’s Data and Analytics team is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to help drive business-critical initiatives across the enterprise landscape. You will be responsible for defining, planning, and executing complex programs across Hulu’s marketing and advertising systems. Primary goal will be to enable senior management, leadership teams, and individual contributors to achieve predictable planning, execution, and reporting quality with expertise in project tools and appropriate methodologies. Key aspect of this role will be to establish goals, metrics, build program plans, coordinate third party vendors, working with governance-architecture-quality on policy implementation and training. By working with data engineers, other Technical Program Managers and Data Product Managers, you will help build data products that allow the valuable data to be translated into actionable insights and actions! In addition, this involves exposure and engagement with owning cutting edge initiatives in areas of Enterprise Data, Analytics and A.I.
We are looking for you to thrive, and demonstrate success, in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. The right person for this role has a solid focus on understanding business expectations and requirements, likes to tackle problems, and is tenacious when developing and instituting new processes and influencing adoption across technology and business. Above all else, you are expected to lead the inevitable change over the lifecycle of a project; lead with vision, plan with foresight, execute with precision, and handle change with grace.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support multiple cross-functional technical and research teams to deliver their objectives in fast-paced and complex programs and projects
- Develop strong partnerships with engineering, product management and analytics leaders to drive focus on strategic and tactical program objectives
- Build strategic relationships with key technology and business leaders to ensure program success
- Drive teams and individuals in planning and executing roadmaps, releases, and work backlogs
- Lead efforts to identify risks, resolve key project conflicts, and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Create a collaborative work environment that cultivates shared understanding, transparency, mastery, autonomy, innovation and continuous learning
- Fill in gaps across roles and functions as needed, performing as an adaptive problem solver
- Develop and execute a change management and communication plan and engage with the stakeholders to report progress and raise issues
- Exhibit a high tolerance for context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and able to provide effective guidance
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- 4-6 years of experience in program management, preferably with a focus on data architecture, CRM, advertising, relational databases or big-data technology
- Experience building broad, large-scale communications plans
- Love for Data and taking chaos and turning it into something actionable
- Experience with consumer marketing and advertising systems
- High sense of ownership and a focus on building fast without sacrificing quality
- Experience in Agile software development with expertise in Scrum methodology and practices.
- Working knowledge of modern program management, analysis, and reporting tools such as Trello, Jira/Confluence, and MS Office
- Knowledge of SDLC, data engineering, data modeling, data warehousing and big data platforms
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Experience working in big data environments using tools such as Hive, Presto, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and CRM tools (Salesforce, SAS).