Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
The Hulu Creative Studio is seeking an Associate Creative Director who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As an Associate Creative Director you will lead a team of designers, focused on developing and stewarding the creative platform and storytelling for product marketing. The right person for this role must have a world-class visual and product design portfolio, experience in developing future-forward design systems, and plenty of vision.If you have a strong background in mentoring designers and the ability to be both conceptual and process oriented, you are who we are looking for. You will lead and inspire designers to produce smart, mind blowing work. If you are a dedicated design leader looking to join a team of trail-blazers at the edge of design, tech and entertainment, then we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will work directly with the Design Creative Director in defining the future state of Product Marketing creative.
- Lead the creative development and production of cohesive product marketing and education videos and assets.
- Partner closely with the UX design team to provide creative leadership in the development of front porch landing pages.
- Actively develop and evolve a best-in-class Design Language System.
- Institute design processes and cross-functional collaboration models.
- Tell the story of our product across video, email and social from consumer experience showcases to help center posts.
- Apply your deep understanding of Product and Product Marketing trends to future state concepts and prototypes.
- Lead and develop a small team of designers: setting clear goals, handling project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer on projects. Lead by example.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
WHAT TO BRING
- Degree in Design or related creative field. (e.g, graphic, visual communications, interaction, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field
- A strong understanding of user-centered design principles
- Strong story telling skills.
- A passion for working in the Technology and Entertainment space.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to speak to and defend your decision-making
- 3+ years of proven and effective people management experience with a brand or product marketing design team
- 5+ years of product marketing creative experience
- Incredibly strong design portfolio with examples of award-winning interaction and visual design
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in high-level product strategy
- Attention to detail, extraordinary organizational and analytical skills are a requirement
- Proven ability to create a nurturing environment for hardworking designers, solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality and innovation.
- You are able to distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘great’ work and to design experiences that are simple and elegant and progressive
- Contribute to a unique design culture and attract world-class talent
- You are able to distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘great’ work and are able to design experiences that are simple and elegant and progressive
- Contribute to a unique design culture and attract world class talent
- Design/ design thinking speaking experience