Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
The Hulu Creative Studio team is seeking an Associate Creative Director who will be an outstanding addition to our team. You will lead a team of designers, focused on developing & stewarding the creative platform and storytelling for product marketing. The right person for this role has an extraordinary visual and product design portfolio, experience in developing future-forward design systems, and plenty of vision.
If you have a strong background in mentoring designers and the ability to be both conceptual and process oriented, you are who we are looking for. We encourage designers to produce nothing short of mind blowing work. If you are a dedicated design leader looking to join a team of trail-blazers at the edge of design, tech and entertainment, then we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work directly with the Design Creative Director in defining the future state of Product Marketing creative.
- Lead the creative development and production of cohesive product marketing and education videos and assets.
- Partner closely with the UX design team to provide creative leadership in the development of front porch landing pages.
- Actively develop and evolve Visual Design System.
- Institute design processes and cross-functional collaboration models.
- Evangelize intentional design and design thinking.
- Apply your deep understanding of Product and Product Marketing trends to future state concepts and prototypes.
- Lead and develop a small team of designers: setting clear goals, handling project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success
- We guide the team to develop methodologies for ensuring a high bar of quality
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process
- Roll up your sleeves and chip in as a designer on projects. Lead by example.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- Collaborate with teams and other managers in other offices
WHAT TO BRING
- Degree in Design (e.g, graphic, visual communications, interaction, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field
- A strong understanding of user-centered design principles
- A passion for working in the Technology and Entertainment space.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to speak to and defend your decision-making
- 3+ years of proven and effective people management experience with a brand or product marketing design team
- 5+ years of product marketing creative experience
- Especially strong design portfolio with examples of award-winning interaction and visual design
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in high-level product strategy
- Attention to detail, outstanding organizational and analytical skills are a requirement
- Validated ability to build a nurturing environment for hardworking designers, solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality and innovation.
- You are able to distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘outstanding’ work and to design experiences that are simple and elegant and forward-thinking
- Contribute to an outstanding design culture and attract premier talent
- Design/ design thinking speaking experience