Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Data team is seeking a Senior Data Product Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. The right person for this role can solve complex problems, communicate solutions concisely, articulate clear paths toward resolution to technical and non-technical groups and passionately drives results. This role reports directly to our Sr. Manager, Product Management responsible for our Data Product team. You will be expected to drive strategy, requirements and execution of our various advertising data platforms. This includes the tools, taxonomy, device graph, audience data and billing platforms that allow Hulu to reach the right audience member at the right time with our custom, bespoke advertising. If you are passionate about advertising, data and creating product and capabilities to democratize data across the organization, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will establish, lead and execute on an advertising data product strategy, vision and plan for the advertising business, working with various partner groups across product, technology, finance, sales and legal groups
- Combine the voice and needs of the users and business requirements to create both high-level roadmaps and detailed delivery plans of features and capabilities
- Be responsible for the product efforts around the prioritization, definition and roadmap.
- You will develop detailed product specifications with user scenarios and acceptance criteria and success measures that are specific to data products – like product instrumentation, data storage, accessibility/usability via tools, data grain and frequency – generally reduce the number of assumptions that engineers have to make.
- Clarify, develop and roll out CDP platform to lead Hulu first party data.
- You will lead the definition and implement ion data security measures around protecting consumer data privacy and data quality.
- You will scope 2nd and 3rd party data onboarding requirements and determine level of effort and work with external vendors, internal engineering teams to schedule and complete integrations.
- You get to own the product design, definition, strategy and execution of our holistic Hulu Audience Data, partnering closely with our engineering teams to build out functionality spanning the entire Hulu ecosystem.
- Partner with our advertising teams, analysts, data science, data engineering, and program management to ensure accurate delivery, minimize liability and perpetually aim to improve delivery within the product.
- You will lead the product strategy and vision along with execution of audience data products within Hulu’s DMP.
- You will team up with Hulu's Advertising teams to on-board 3rd party data providers.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with other product managers, data science, analyst, engineering teams and business stakeholders to ensure coordination and completion of various responsible products.
- Work closely with legal teams and company leaders to ensure industry and privacy-compliant use of data.
WHAT TO BRING
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Math, Science, Economics or equivalent
- You should have a history of proven experience and success in a product or audience data role, previously leading audience insights, and audience data
- Hands on experience with DMPs and Integrations
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to build and develop successful product teams
- 5+ years of data product management or relevant audience data experience. Highly preferable at established technology or digital media companies, and experience with building and delivering successful data products,
- 3+ years of digital and/or TV advertising experience, preferably in video ad technology, measurement or research roles
- We love highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and juggle with competing priorities and make decisions in ambiguous situations
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis and quantitative analysis techniques and familiarity with common data science models and approaches to problem solving. Generally: the ability to plan for what analysts and data scientists need to deliver successfully
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment, inspire change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
- Exhibit your experience demonstrating leadership, self-motivation, accountability, and a standout colleague
- Experience presenting to and working with senior leaders
- Knowledge and experience of agile/scrum product development
- Advance CS degree or MBA is a plus
- Experience at a top Digital or TV advertising measurement company and/or understanding of the ad measurement industry
- Experience with delivering large scale enterprise applications using big data technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka and Elastic Search
- Knowledge of industry leading DMPs such as Bluekai or Salesforce DMP
- Passion for television, Streaming Video On Demand (SVOD), or Over the Top (OTT) industry