Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Video optimization team is seeking a Research Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our Video Optimization team. As a Research Software Developer for video streaming at Hulu, you will work with other developers and researchers on investigating and introducing cutting-edge video streaming technologies to empower hulu’s viewing experience for millions of viewers. The right person for this role has good problem-solving ability, video playback knowledge and has balanced research and software development skill. If you are someone who wants to solve real user problems through innovations in video streaming domain and build world-class video streaming experience, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Investigate, evaluate and implement new technologies and innovations in video streaming field, conduct full-stack software development
- Apply state of the art statistics / data mining / machine learning methodologies to discover and solve real world video streaming problems, optimize end-to-end user experience
- Design offline and online experiments to verify and prove video streaming enhancements
- Provide guidance in the design and re-architect of a large-scale streaming quality monitor and analysis system.
- Collaborate with internal team members and external stakeholders to continuously optimize hulu’s streaming service and application.
- Work together with researchers and other developers on building scalable, easy-to-use, efficient and stable evaluation and investigation platforms
- Shine with engineering excellence by developing test infrastructures, writing documentation, ensuring high performance, and following an agile development methodology
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related majors
- 2-5 years of relevant software engineering experience, experience of video streaming / playback implementation / MPEG-DASH / DRM / QoS improvement preferred
- Strong software development skills, including both server side and player related development
- Good mathematics and algorithm background
- Solid problem-solving ability and clear logic thinking ability
- Able to analysis issues deeply and carefully, won’t be afraid of detail
- Great communication and collaboration skills, have strong teamwork ethic
- Passionate about building video technologies and continuously improving user experience, be reliable and responsible
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Solid data mining skills and experience, able to find investigation points by digging into huge amount of data
- Knowledge on networking / video standards and technologies.