Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
As a software developer in beijing cloud infrastructure team at Hulu, you will help development teams at Hulu deliver highly scalable and reliable solutions and build cloud infrastructure components for their services to run on. You will be challenged to find the right tool for the job, and if the right tool doesn’t exist, we will create it. Traditionally, systems engineering and software development have been at odds. The right person for this role has worn/enjoys wearing both a system engineering and software development hat. If you are someone who thrives on tackling a new technical challenge everyday, working in a language-agnostic environment, and evangelizing best practices, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop distributed web-scale object storage system and file system to store massive video, image or other unstructured or structured data
- Maintain and optimize existing distributed storage systems and responsible for SLA
- Handle architectural and design considerations such as stability, scalability, performance, reusability and flexibility issues
- Advocate engineering best practices, including use of design patterns, code review and automated unit/functional testing
- Deep-dive to and fix key technical problems
- Collaborate with program managers, and developers in an open, creative environment
WHAT TO BRING
- 3+ years of professional programming and design experience in Java/Python/Go and Linux
- Solid knowledge of Linux / network / distributed system design and architecture
- Experience in distributed storage system, familiar with open-source solutions like hdfs, tfs, ceph or glusterf
- Self-motivated, willing to solve challenging problems
- Experiences in developing large scale distributed system is a plus
- Experiences in mesos/ks/docker is a plus