Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Finance and Accounting team is seeking an Advertising Revenue and AR Accountant who will be an exceptional addition to our Ad Revenue team. As an Advertising Revenue and AR Accountant at Hulu, you will work closely with Sales Planning and Ad Operations to support a robust and growing Ad Sales team. The right person for this role is detail oriented, proactive, a great communicator, and a team player.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Gain a deep understanding of the digital advertising sales process from inception and planning to billing and collection.
- Recognize advertising revenue for all active campaigns on a monthly basis with AR Audit Team.
- Confirm monthly and quarterly billable costs with clients through the RFI (Request for Invoice) process.
- Work with the AR Collections Team to adjust invoices and issue credit memos to expedite client payment.
- Collaborate with Ad Sales and Operations teams to troubleshoot discrepant campaign planning, trafficking, and invoicing.
- Prepare and submit revenue adjustment and custom fee journal entries as part of month-end close.
- Review and approve Ad Sales insertion orders for accuracy and completeness in Operative.One.
- Build relationships across multiple teams including Ad Sales and Operations, Integrated Marketing, and Distribution.
- Support any ad-hoc projects and accounting analysis as needed.
WHAT TO BRING
- 1-2 years’ work experience in Accounting or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- General Accounting knowledge of debits and credits required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Required proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Outlook.
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods.
- A positive, team-oriented attitude to fit our culture.
- Industry experience in digital advertising, media and/or entertainment ideal.
- Experience using Workday Financials a plus.
- Experience using Operative.One and/or Salesforce a plus.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.