Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Technology team is seeking a Vice President, Software Development who will be an exceptional leader for our Software Quality team. As a Vice President, Software Development at Hulu, you will lead the technology vision/strategy to ensure that quality is driven into all aspects of Hulu’s end to end solutions and its many components. The right person for this role will serve as the quality champion ensuring all components come together in a way that meets the high bar that our customers demand. While senior engineering leaders at Hulu are motivated to drive quality into all our product development lifecycle, key thought-leadership will come from this role. If you are someone who can serve as a company steward, who is also dynamic, innovative, and can drive state-of-the-art solutions to the organization, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive the software quality roadmap and implementation of standards, methods, metrics and procedures ensuring and evaluating the quality of our software products.
- Lead and instill a sense of urgency for product and process improvement to meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Lead Infrastructure and Build within Hulu with the ability to transform manual process with automation, where possible, while improving build metrics and utilization.
- Work closely with product, design and engineering teams to define quality criteria and quality metrics, and create specific use-case scripts to facilitate ad-hoc testing
- Standardize quality processes including test plan development, test documentation, test metrics, best practices, and reporting and visibility for overall quality of our apps.
- Establish strategy for different categories of testing (exploratory; regression)Establish a strong collaborative culture with peers and other functions within Hulu. Promote a culture of success, pride, performance, discipline, and creativity.
WHAT TO BRING
- Has demonstrated technical success in software quality and software engineering with a track-record of innovation
- 15+ years of enterprise software and 10+ years of staff management experience
- Experience driving quality into a complex product portfolio across a global engineering organization
- Proven success managing a portfolio of products with different development cycles and timelines, at different stages of maturity and market impact
- Has demonstrated ability in recruiting and retaining high performing technical teams
- Outstanding leader and team player who is comfortable with open-ended problems and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated the ability to improve engineering processes across large teams with success implementing Agile and test-driven methodologies
- Ability to apply product knowledge to your test planning and acquire a deep understanding of the application UX, design details, logic, and dependencies in a fast-paced environment
- Conducted root cause analysis on production issues with other engineers and determine how we can prevent them in the future
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to present both business and technical information to a wide audience including customers, peers, and team.
- A committed leader who creates loyalty and trust. One who can energize people and teams, and make cross-functional cooperation happen. This individual must be highly respected by all levels up, down, and across the organization.
- Will solicit the involvement of others to build a sense of ownership. Must have the confidence to act quickly and decisively when the market requires such agility, and the ability to challenge norms and existing processes.