Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
The Big Data Infrastructure team is looking for a top-notch developer to help build the industry leading Big Data Infrastructure. A successful candidate should have proven experience with working in mission critical infrastructure, enjoys building and maintaining large scale data systems with the challenge of varied requirements and large storage capabilities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop new features and functionalities on hadoop and spark infrastructure, and contribute back to open-source community
- Maintain and optimize large-scaled big data clusters with thousands of machines, tackle all problems in production environment
- Develop and improve big data automated operation system to to better manage and monitor large cluster
- Work closely with big data pipeline teams(e.g. recommendation, data science, advertising) to provide tech support from infrastructure perspective
- Introduce new technologies to guarantee industry-leading position in big data area
- Coach and provide guidance to junior team members.
- Work with Beijing and USA teams to influence them on big data pipeline design and optimization.
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS degree in CS related major
- 5+ years of professional programming and design experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a Big Data environment (Cloudera, Hortonworks, Hadoop/Spark) with leading open source technologies highly desired
- Have a sense of reading open-source software code to solve problems
- Have experience to maintain large clusters, excellent problem solving and analytical skills facing cluster incidents.
- Independent, energetic, highly technical, and strive for results under pressure and ambiguity
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Deep understanding of linux kernel and TCP/IP stack
- Good understanding of security aspects including Kerberos, Sentry etc