Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Legal team is seeking a Product Attorney who will be an exceptional addition to our Legal team. As a Product Attorney at Hulu, you will partner with our Product, User Experience, and Viewer Experience teams to help guide the development of cutting-edge technologies, features, and designs across all phases of the product lifecycle. You will identify and manage legal risk by issue-spotting, collaborating with relevant subject matter experts, and communicating practical legal solutions to internal clients. You will also drive business initiatives by advising on user experience issues, product flows, third=party partnerships, and device and platform integrations. Additionally, you will support Hulu’s marketing, corporate communications, and other user-facing teams on product-related descriptions and disclosures.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with Hulu’s product and technology teams to identify, investigate, and manage legal risk regarding product, feature, and design initiatives
- Prepare and oversee implementation of user-facing policies, product descriptions, and disclosures
- Advise cross-functional teams on implementation of third-party partnerships and the next generation of customer outreach platforms
- Interpret contracts and remain up to date on industry-specific laws and regulations to provide topical compliance advice
- Create and improve upon internal tools, best practices and legal processes
WHAT TO BRING
- Juris Doctor degree from a top tier law school
- 4-7 years of total legal experience
- At least 3 years at a nationally-recognized law firm focusing on product counseling or litigation
- In-house experience with an internet/technology company advising internal clients on risk mitigation across technologies and product platforms
- Meaningful experience in other relevant areas such as privacy laws, false advertising, consumer protection, and accessibility
- A technical degreeWe will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.