Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Personalization group is seeking a Product Data Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our Engagement and Retention team. Our ideal team member is someone who loves the hard problem of turning mounds of data into data stories, reports, and dashboards that business people and technical people can easily understand and can use to answer critical business questions. Using your own knowledge of industry best practices, you will identify the key metrics that drive decisions and measure performance at Hulu to influence overall business strategy and product management efforts. You should love business analysis, analytics, data modeling, query writing, and report development. This isn’t a job to own some boring tools or to create charts that nobody uses. This is an opportunity to help revolutionize how Hulu leverages its data to make decisions and to play a key role in the evolution of Hulu’s internal reporting and reporting tools towards a relevant, dynamic and insightful standard. If you are someone who loves empowering others with data and thrives on helping people find and understand the information they need at the moment they need it, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Gather, manipulate, analyze and document raw, complex data and share data stories that make sense to business and technical audiences
- Serve as tactical liaison for product management teams to provide the most accurate and relevant information to help drive meaningful business decisions
- Continually design, test, and deploy new reports - all with the goal of providing a state-of-the-art reporting environment
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting needs while ensuring data accuracy and integrity
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in a Technical Degree or awesome experience in showing you can geek out on reporting and analytics
- 3-5+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst, Reporting Analysts, Business Intelligence Analyst, or similar field
- Experience building reports and dashboards that are meaningful to drive business decisions
- Passion for turning data into insights and helping others unlock the power of their data
- Hands-on experience with experimentation (such as A/B and multivariate testing)
- Strong command of agile development processes.
- Proven ability to clearly articulate data stories to business and technical audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including Pivot Tables and VLookup) and Microsoft Powerpoint
- Proficiency at SQL Query development (MySQL, MSSQL)
- Proficiency with business intelligence dashboarding tools like Tableau, Looker, Jaspersoft, Cognos, Business Objects, Crystal Reports or similar
- Experience working with data in formats like CSV, JSON, and XML
- Experience with scripting languages: BASH, Python, Perl or programming languages Java
- Experience with streaming media metrics and KPIs
- Experience with newer technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, HIVE, Kafka, and Cassandra.
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as D3.js and NVD3.js
- Experience with near-time data collection and dashboard libraries such as Graphite and Grafana
- Mandarin Chinese language proficiency