Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Production Readiness team is looking for a Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our team. The Production Readiness team is responsible for ensuring that Hulu’s technology stack is able to deliver a great user experience even under increasingly large traffic loads. To achieve this, our team needs to be able to simulate the viewing behaviors of millions of users, as well as the failure of key components in the critical path. This is an exciting opportunity to have an impact on the design of high traffic, multi-region web services across all the engineering teams at Hulu.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build and maintain a headless implementation of a Hulu client device
- Scale out a load generation framework from 100K concurrent instances to 1MM concurrent instances
- Identify and automate the simulation of machine, infrastructure, and datacenter failures
- Gain a deep understanding of the end to end service architecture of Hulu
- Advocate for scaling and reliability best practices across the Hulu development teams
- Troubleshoot performance and system problems, identify and implement solutions
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.)
- Excellent Python/Go/Java programming skills
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Can work independently but knows when to ask for help/clarification
- Prior experience working with AWS
- Prior experience working in a backend/infrastructure role
- You wear every 9 of uptime as a badge of honor
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.