Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Data and Analytics organization is seeking an Associate Data Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our Reporting and Data Access team. As an Associate Data Analyst at Hulu, you will be responsible for turning data into information, information into insights and insights into key business decisions that steer the strategic direction of the company. The right person for this role has exceptional analytical capabilities, thrives in a fast-pace environment, loves problem-solving, is a strong communicator, and loves to have fun. If you are someone who gains personal satisfaction from transforming data into business insights, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Use internal and external analytics tools, SQL, and scripting languages to access and analyze multivariate data
- Interface with engineering and business units to drive and deliver key operational metrics and KPIs that enable business success and value-addition within the data and analytics domain
- Build data visualizations and cross-functional, enterprise reporting that conveys key performance metrics, significant trends, and relationships across multiple data sources
- Provide ad hoc analysis support to business units and key stakeholders for complex data questions
- In conjunction with Program Management, act as the main liaison between diverse business units reliant upon data and associated metrics and the relevant engineering teams within Hulu’s technology organization
- Translate business functional requirements into technical specifications for the associated engineering teams
- Provide educational and training support for reporting and data access to business stakeholders
WHAT TO BRING
- A degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Information Systems, Economics, Computer Science, etc.
- 2+ years of experience as an analyst in a data and analytics domain
- Strong analytical skills – ability to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate systemic defects and validate data quality
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.) coupled with strong story telling skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts and design
- Experience working in a “big-data” environment (Hive, Presto, Hadoop, BigQuery)
- Understanding of the fundamentals of statistics applied to solving business problems
- Experience taking vague requirements and transforming them into crisp deliverables
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills that translate across technical and business stakeholders
- Exposure to data modeling – both dimensional and relational is highly desired
- Familiarity with Data Science concepts a plus
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws