Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu Beijing is seeking a leader for its Ads and Marketing Intelligence team, which manages large-scale data systems for advertising and marketing, and utilizes cutting-edge machine learning algorithms to provide superb experience to Hulu users. As a Director of Ads and Marketing Intelligence, you will manage a high-performing team of software engineers and researchers. Your team will be working on Hulu’s essential systems to help users better optimize their ad and marketing experience. The area covered are Ads targeting, Ads optimizations and research, Ads data, marketing research and marketing data, plus Hulu’s audience platform. Your product will touch every single Hulu user on and off Hulu. Together with the US partner teams, you will be responsible for developing technology roadmaps, prioritizing work against company and business strategy, and leading your team to deliver high-quality products with speed. If you are someone who has worked across time zones to build a talent pipeline, if you enjoy working and mentoring developers and researchers at all levels, foster innovation, if you believe in creating a healthy environment for all team members to grow with high integrity, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead and build the Beijing Ads and Marketing Intelligence organizations. Develop organizational plans with good understanding of Hulu’s business strategy and technology stack.
- Hire and develop leaders in the team. Ensure team members have clear roles and responsibilities, provide good coaching and motivate the team.
- Develop shared vision and technology roadmap with partner teams in the US. Build consensus, communicate and collaborate with partner teams on team scope and technology directions.
- Be the owner of Hulu’s high-performing data systems that supports Ads and Marketing optimizations. Enable experimentations and data driven decision making.
- Ensure the right system architecture and enforce quality standard. Help drive engineering best practices across the organization, define quality metrics, relentlessly improve quality and work effectiveness.
- Work closely with product management and empower tech teams to deliver outstanding and impactful results. Proactively address and solve cross-team issues, foster team work and collaborations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
WHAT TO BRING
- 10+ years of managing high-performing technical teams including at least 5 years of multi-level management (manager of managers)
- A track record of talent leading and development for an organization of significant size
- A track record of delivering large-scale, high-quality internet and data products, building technology roadmaps and drive product design, development, launch to success
- Experience and expertise in algorithmic systems and machine learning
- Experience in online advertising and/or larger scale digital marketing
- Experience working in agile development environments
- Influencing skills including indirect influence, leading with vision and value
- Good analytical skills, ability to solve complex problems through analytics and data-driven approach to decision making
- Good communication skills in English. Mandarin a plus
- Technical degree or equivalent experience