Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Site team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our engineering team. As a Senior Software Developer at Hulu, you will be the full stack expert in entire site domain including: site infrastructure, cutting-edge frontend technologies, micro services, and web experiences for both mobile and desktop. You will work with all facets of Hulu including the product, user experience, design and program management teams to relentlessly deliver industry-changing features and business models while leveraging best-in-class technologies to deliver a delightful watching experience to our users. The right person for this role is a passionate technology pioneer, a practical programmer and a problem solver - a person who can see what lies ahead and lays down road for others to follow. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment and gains personal satisfaction when sharing knowledge and partnering with teams across Hulu, then this is the perfect role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive work across the entire frontend-backend stack to create compelling data-driven user experience solutions.
- Collaborate with other teams to continuously deliver most important products and business requirements
- Optimize, develop, and maintain Hulu’s current full-stack web framework, diagnose and debug issues in production environments
- Establish and drive engineering best practices around agile and quality-focused development
- Interact with millions of viewers to create the best possible media experience
- Recruit, hire, and mentor developers
WHAT TO BRING
- BS, MS, PHD degree in CS related major
- 5+ years experience in building dynamic websites
- Strong knowledge of backend technologies (web APIs, micro services, caching systems, database designs)
- Independent, energetic, highly technical, and thrives under pressure and ambiguity
- Strong advocate of software engineering practices and agile approaches
- Excellent communication and collaboration skill in English and Mandarin Chinese
NICE TO HAVE
- Node.js + React.js web development experiences
- Front-end experiences in these areas: Backbone.js, AngularJS, Vue.js, Flux, Sass, Handlebars, Bootstrap, Gulp
- Backend experiences for Rails, Python, MySQL, Linux, Nginx, Message Queues