- Product Images (if applicable)
- Audio (background audio must be heard throughout entire unit)
- Brand logo (Vector .AI or .EPS preferred, .PSD accepted)
- Copy & calls-to-action (if applicable)
- Third-party tags
- Click-thru URLs
Will time out if the user does not interact with the unit. Will include the standard Hulu ad countdown bar in the top 35 pixels of the player window.
Click through to another site from within the Interstitial will open a new browser window.
If interaction options are available within the unit, a “Return to Video” option will appear if a user decides to click somewhere within the unit allowing them to return to the content experience whenever they are ready (this prevents a user from voluntarily becoming engaged and the user getting ‘kicked out’ at the end of the experience).
If client is providing uncompressed video:
- 23.98 or 29.97
- Constant frame rate only
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ codec preferred
- Audio (HD/SD): PCM (preferred) or AAC codec & 192 kbps minimum
- H.264 codec is accepted, but bitrate must be at least 50 Mbps
- Interlaced video is not accepted
- Constant Bitrate (CBR) 15-30 Mbps
- Main Profile @ Main Level (MP@ML)
- 4:2:0 Color Space
- Please make content progressive.
- Video must be submitted without leaders (i.e slates, countdowns).
- If assets are delivered with leaders, Hulu will edit them and a Production Fee will be added to the final invoice.
1184 x 666
- HTML5 with all source elements
Hosted by Hulu or Third Party
Required throughout the full unit. Please ensure smooth transitions and a smooth looping experience if needed.
- Normal video creative :15 seconds recommended.
- :30 second creative may be approved if providing an exceptional user experience.
Hulu accepts standard tags and supports VAST from Hulu-approved vendors. For additional VAST information, please click here to visit our FAQ document.
Hulu supports VPAID in VAST tags for VPAID-approved vendors. Note that a vendor may be Hulu-approved for VAST, but not Hulu-approved for VPAID in VAST.
Hulu supports 3rd part tags for interactive living room (OTT).
For questions regarding specs, contact your Hulu sales rep or campaign manager as well as your preferred vendor.
- Completion Rate
- Extended metrics TBD
- Hulu or a third party built based on client direction and source assets.
- If Hulu is creating, source assets should include vector assets (.ai or .eps) to ensure scalability, as well as specific fonts required and any clicktags or tracking required. All assets are subject to Hulu approval to ensure an optimal user experience.
- Can include static imagery and messaging, or full rich media including animation or video.
- The timeline and associated costs will be determined on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by Hulu Creative.
- Unit can be targeted at a national or local level.
- Can include multiple link events, form fields, etc. that can be tracked via click command. Form field data will either be captured by Hulu or can use a 1 × 1.
- We recommend that core branding or actionable elements do not extend into the top 38 pixels or bottom 70 pixels of the unit as those will be covered by the ad countdown timer and player controls on rollover. These areas may not be fully visible or available for click action, but should still be part of the full 1184 × 666 design.