While browsing through Hulu, you may have noticed a change in availability to some shows on ABC, ABC News and ABC Family. As of January 6th, 2014, access to shows from these networks changes as follows:
- For ABC, the ability to watch the most recently aired episode of an ABC show the day after broadcast is available to 1) Hulu.com viewers on their computer who sign in with a participating TV provider subscription or 2) Hulu Plus subscribers for select ABC programming. Some shows will be available the day of broadcast to Hulu Plus subscribers and users who sign in with a participating TV provider subscription. Otherwise, recent episodes of ABC shows are available on Hulu.com eight days after they air on broadcast television without signing in. For more detailed show information, please reference the availability notes on a show’s page (for example, hulu.com/the-chew)
- For ABC News content, the ability to watch the most recently aired episodes of an ABC News show within one day of broadcast is available to Hulu.com viewers on their computer who sign in with a participating TV provider subscription. Otherwise, recent episodes of ABC News shows are available on Hulu.com eight days after they air on broadcast television without signing in.
- ABC Family content is available on Hulu.com for Hulu viewers on their computer who have a subscription with a participating TV provider. Once viewers sign in with their TV provider, they will be able to watch full episodes.
Below you'll find answers to common questions regarding the changes to the availability of ABC, ABC News and ABC Family shows.
Login to Hulu and check the latest list of supported cable, satellite and telco TV providers, which currently includes:
- AT&T U-verse
- Cox Communications
- Dish Network
- Verizon FiOS TV
The list of supported providers will continue to expand, so check back often to see if your TV provider has been added.
If you have a participating TV provider subscription, you can authenticate by visiting hulu.com/authenticate and selecting your TV provider through the "Connect Your Account" search. If you do not have a participating TV provider account to sign in with, episode availability will vary by network. For specific show information (for example, an episode’s availability), you can find more details under the Availability Notes from a show’s main page (for example, hulu.com/scandal).
- Log in to your Hulu account or connect through Facebook.
- Connect your Hulu account by selecting your TV provider from the "Connect Your Account" search.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to provide your account username and password.
You can also authenticate when you click on the gray key icon on the show thumbnails or the Learn more link that appears on the ABC, ABC News and ABC Family show pages.
NOTE: If you log out of your Hulu account, you will be required to re-authenticate your account the next time you log in OR after 30 days.
If you do not have a participating TV provider account, you won’t be able to view select content. However, recent episodes of many ABC shows will be available on Hulu after a seven-day delay following broadcast, even if your TV provider is not yet participating.
In addition, if you are a Hulu Plus subscriber, you can still view the latest episode of select ABC programming.
As always, you can try a free one-week trial of Hulu Plus here.