Here at Hulu, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver the newest TV shows to our users on variety of devices. This means keeping up when new devices hit the market so that Hulu Plus users can watch shows and movies where they want; as such, we're proud to announce Hulu Plus support through the Xbox One. All you'll need is a Hulu Plus subscription and an Xbox LIVE Gold membership to start watching your favorite shows. Learn more and signup here.
Below you'll find features and steps that will help you setup Hulu Plus on your Xbox One:
- Navigate to Store section
- Select the Bing search bar and search for Hulu Plus
- Select the Hulu Plus app when the search results appear
- Hulu Plus should now be installed on your Xbox One
- Launch the Hulu Plus app on your Xbox One
- Select the log in button
- Note the Activation Code
- Go to hulu.com/activate (and sign in, if prompted)
- Enter the Activation Code and click Activate
- Within a few seconds, your Xbox One will be automatically logged in to your Hulu Plus account
You can also log in by using the email address and password tied to the account.
- Scroll to the Settings tab on the Xbox home screen
- Select Privacy & Online Safety
- Then find Access to Content
- Select Access to content & apps
From that page, you'll be able to select what content will be playable through the Xbox One Hulu Plus app. The settings are specific to age, and you can set this from Unrestricted, all the way down to age 3.
- If the console is connected to the internet wirelessly, try a wired connection through an ethernet cable.
- Power down your Xbox One and your modem/router for at least one minute. Simply unplug the respective power cables and plug them back in after the minute passes.
- Unlink your account and leave the app. You can unlink your account by going Settings in the Hulu Plus app, then selecting Unlink From Xbox Live. Once you're out of the app, open the app back up and log in.
If you have additional questions, you're more than welcome to contact us directly and let us know which steps you've already tried. We'll be happy to investigate further. You can also check out the Xbox Support site for some additional information.