While watching videos on Hulu.com, you may run into the following: "Sorry, we're unable to load a message from our sponsors." You will find some steps below to help resolve that error message.
If you are able to load both images, please follow the steps under I'm having trouble seeing some ads.
If you aren't able to load the images above, there are possible scenarios listed below.
- Not being able to see ads while using one browser (ads play properly when Hulu.com is accessed from a different browser on the same computer).
- Try disabling any ad-blocking software (such as AdBlock and AdBlock Plus). For more information on how to disable such software, please visit our AdBlock article.
- Check for any extensions on your browser that could potentially block ads.
- Firefox: Tools menu->Add-ons
- Internet Explorer: Tools menu->Manage add-ons
- Safari: Help menu->Installed Plugins
- Chrome: Wrench menu or menu with 3 parallel lines->Extensions
- If you do have any ad-blocking software, please include ( p.hulu.com ) and ( ads.hulu.com ) to your whitelist.
- Changing to an alternate browser on your computer, such as Firefox or Google Chrome, may also help to resolve the message.
- Not being able to see ads across all web browsers or on multiple computers attached to the same network.
- Security software such as Kaspersky, McAfee or Norton: Please try lowering security settings or disabling the software and then attempt to play a video on Hulu.com again.
- Check Network/Firewall settings: Try disabling these settings temporarily. If ads load, whitelist both ( p.hulu.com ) and ( ads.hulu.com ).
If you have intermittent issues loading ads on Hulu.com, there are a few steps to help resolve the message.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash ( get.adobe.com/flashplayer ).
- If everything is up to date, clear your Flash cache by visiting here and clicking "Delete All Sites" in the Website Storage Settings panel. Do note that this step may require you to log back in to any Flash-based applications and websites.
- Check your internet ping and download speeds:
- This message can also appear if your download speed is slow or inconsistent. In order to connect quickly and accurately to our servers, a fast ping speed is required. Go to ( www.pingtest.net ) and click the green Begin Test button. For optimal performance, please make sure that your ping test is below 50 ms and with no packet loss.
- Visit ( www.speedtest.net ) and click on the green Begin Test button. Once the test is complete, please compare your results against our requirements.