We've received some reports of Samsung devices, (including TVs, Blu-ray players, and home theaters) being unable to log in, often accompanied by a warning to check the time and date on the device. We're working to track down the primary cause of this issue, but in the meanwhile we do have some steps that should fix the problem.
Verify your Date and Time Zone settings
- From the main menu, select Settings > System > Timezone.
- Perform a complete power cycle of your device, modem and router by unplugging them from power for at least a minute before rebooting.
Reset your Smart Hub or Internet@TV
- On your Samsung remote, select the button labeled either "Hub" or "Internet"
- Locate "Settings" (For "Smart Hub" models, you should press the blue 'D' button on your remote, and for "Internet @TV" models, you will select "Settings" at the bottom left of the screen.)
- Within "Settings", select "Reset" (This will remove and re-install all apps that you have installed on your device, but will just take a minute or two to complete.) As a note, you may be asked for a password to do this reset. If you do not remember setting up a password, try the default of 0000.
Change the DNS settings
- Go to the main Samsung menu.
- Select "Settings."
- Select "Network."
- Select "Network Settings."
- Select "Network Setting."
- Under "DNS" choose "Manual."
- Set "DNS Server" as "188.8.131.52".
Again, we will be working toward a permanent solution to this problem. If these steps don't solve the issue, please contact us. Let us know what you've tried, and we'll be happy to help further.