Creating an account on Hulu allows you to manage your viewing experience. We offer a variety of privacy and viewing settings, enabling you to view content how you'd like. To access these settings, you'll need to log in to your account. Once you do, click your name in the upper right corner of Hulu.com and then select Privacy & Settings.
Profile Information & Sharing What You Do on Hulu:
Here, you can decide which information from your profile is public or private by adjusting the various drop-down options under Privacy & Settings.
- Automatically turn on closed captioning in English (when available).
- Choose to have the player Auto-select the best quality for your bandwidth, or select a manual override to default playback to the Higher, Medium, or Lower quality.
- Choose to set your default quality to HD - High Definition if you are Hulu Plus Subscriber.
- Select whether you'd like to automatically shrink the video panel at the end credits.
- Receive email notification when your credit card is charged if you are a Hulu Plus Subscriber
- Receive occasional email updates on the latest Hulu news and features
- Receive email alerts when your queue is updated with Favorited videos (in either Text or HTML)
- Receive email alerts when queued videos are about to expire
- Change your answers to any of the Ad Tailor questions you've answered previously
- Answer more questions to help us better tailor your advertising experience to your interests
Once you have finished adjusting any of these settings, be sure to click save.
If you would like to delete your free Hulu account please see this article, or to cancel your Hulu Plus subscription, please see this one. For help logging in to your internet enabled TV, Blu-ray player, game console, streaming, or mobile device please visit this page.