- How do I install the Hulu Plus application onto my PS3?
- How do I login and activate the PS3 with my Hulu Plus account?
- What are the playback and navigation controls for Hulu Plus?
- Are there Closed Captions available on the PS3?
- I'm having trouble streaming video on my PS3.
- From your PS3’s main menu, go to Games
- Navigate down to the PlayStation Store
- Go to Search, and enter Hulu Plus
- Select the Hulu Plus app
- Move your cursor and select Download
- Follow the prompts to complete the download.
The Hulu Plus application will appear under the TV/Video Services category in the XMB (cross media bar).
Before you can use the Hulu Plus app on your PS3, you must ensure you are logged into the Playstation Network. This can be done by heading to the Playstation Network Icon on the main menu (XMB), choosing Sign In and entering the e-mail address and password associated with your PSN account.
Once you are logged into the PSN, head to the Hulu Plus application. There are two ways you can log in to the Hulu Plus application on your PS3.
Using the On-Screen Keyboard
- On the Home screen, select Log In, then select Log in with your email address and password
- Use the on-screen keyboard to enter your email address and password
- Then move the cursor down, and select Log In
Or, you can activate your PS3 on Hulu.com
- On the Home screen, select Log In. You will then see an alphanumeric Device Activation Code (for example, 6K47J3)
- Using a standard web browser, navigate to hulu.com/activate (and sign in, if prompted)
- Enter the device activation code displayed on your TV screen and click Activate
- Within about 30 seconds, your PS3 will be automatically logged in to your Hulu Plus account
Hulu Plus Guided Tour
See below for a brief tour of the features of Hulu Plus on your PS3.
Closed Captioning can be enabled on videos that have it available. During playback, pull up the playback menu by pressing Up on the D-pad. Press Up again, then toggle over to Captions: Off and Press X to enable.
You can also turn on captions for every video when available in your settings on the Playstation 3. To do so, navigate to Settings (Between Latino and Help) on the main page of the Hulu Plus application. From there, tap X to open up the settings. You should see the Captions settings at the top left.
The PS3 has a built-in network speed test and we recommend running the Connection Test. In the main menu (XMB), go to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Test and compare the download and upload speed with the speedtest.net results.
If you continue to experience stuttering playback on your PS3, try these troubleshooting suggestions:
- Ensure the Video Quality is set to Auto (while a video is playing, press Up twice on the D-pad to expand the playback menu, toggle over to Video Quality and hit X to change the selection ).
- Reset the system time and date of your PS3. In the XMB, go to Settings > Date and Time Settings > Date and Time > Set via Internet.
- Delete the Hulu Plus application (highlight the application, press the triangle button and select Delete) and then re-download the application from the PlayStation Store.
If this did not help, contact us directly and let us know which steps you've already tried. We'll be happy to investigate further. If you are experiencing problems loading the Hulu Plus application on your PS3, please refer to this help article.