The Hulu Plus experience is now available through the PS Vita and the PS Vita 3G - Catch up with your favorite shows right on your device.
For more information about these PlayStation models, please visit us.playstation.com/psvita. Below you can find some help sections that will ensure you get the most out of Hulu Plus on your PlayStation Vita.
Getting Started with Hulu Plus and your PS Vita
Downloading the Hulu Plus application on your PS Vita is pretty easy. First make sure to connect your PS Vita to your Wi-Fi or 3G network, then follow these steps:
(Note: All app downloads require a memory card.)
- From the home screen, tap on the PS Store app, than tap on Start
- From the Search option on the top right, type in Hulu Plus and tap on the green Ok button
- Tap on the Hulu Plus app and then select the Download button
- Press the PS button to go back to the home screen, where the app will install.
Select the Hulu Plus icon to launch the app and sign in with your Hulu Plus account. If you do not have an account, you can sign up for a FREE 1–week trial at www.huluplus.com/vita.
Streaming Issues with Hulu Plus on your PS Vita
In order to have a smooth playback experience on your PS Vita, we recommend having a minimum download speed of 1.5 Mbps. If you are unsure of the strength of your connection, you can run a quick speed test of your connection and comparing the results against our requirements. To do so on your Vita:
- Tap on the Settings app and tap on Start
- Tap on Network > Internet Connection Test
- The test will automatically run
- Once finished, click on the Ok button on the lower right corner
If you happen to encounter any streaming issues while using Hulu Plus, please try the troubleshooting tips below. We recommend testing the application in between each step to see if playback or app performance has improved:
- To force close the app, press the PS button – This will show the currently suspended app. Then, swipe from the top right of the screen to the bottom to force close the app.
- Turn off the PS Vita for a full 60 seconds. Then power it back on and re-launch Hulu Plus.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Hulu Plus app. Press and hold the Hulu Plus icon until the "…" bubbles appear over the app. Tap directly on the "…" bubble to bring up the options, then tap Delete. To confirm the deletion, tap Ok. Reinstall the app again through the PS Store app.