The Hulu Plus experience is available through the PS Vita, the PS Vita 3G - Catch up with your favorite shows right on your device.
For more information about these PlayStation models, please visit us.playstation.com/psvita. Below you can find some help sections that will ensure you get the most out of Hulu Plus on your PlayStation Vita.
Getting Started with Hulu Plus on your PS Vita
Downloading the Hulu Plus application on your PS Vita is pretty easy. First make sure to connect your Vita device to your Wi-Fi or 3G network, then follow these steps:
(Note: All app downloads require a memory card.)
- From the home screen, tap on the PS Store app, than tap on Start
- From the Search option on the top right, type in Hulu Plus and tap on the green Ok button
- Tap on the Hulu Plus app and then select the Download button
- Press the PS button to go back to the home screen, where the app will install.
Select the Hulu Plus icon to launch the app and sign in with your Hulu Plus account. If you do not have an account, you can sign up for a FREE 1–week trial at www.huluplus.com/vita.
Streaming Issues with Hulu Plus on your PS Vita
In order to have a smooth playback experience on your PS Vita, we recommend having a minimum download speed of 1.5 Mbps for standard definition and 3 Mbps for HD. If you are unsure of the strength of your connection, you can run a quick speed test of your connection and comparing the results against our requirements. To do so on your device:
- Tap or access the Settings app and select on Start
- Select Network > Internet Connection Test
- The test will automatically run
- Once finished, click on the Ok button on the lower right corner
If you happen to encounter any streaming issues while using Hulu Plus, please try the troubleshooting tips below. We recommend testing the application in between each step to see if playback or app performance has improved:
- Force close the Hulu Plus app. From within the app, press the PS button. The application pauses and the LiveArea™ screen appears. Press and hold the O button to peel LiveArea™ screen.
- Turn off the PS Vita, modem and router (if applicable) for a full 60 seconds. Then power the devices back on and re-launch Hulu Plus.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Hulu Plus app. To enter edit mode, press the triangle button when the home screen is displayed. In edit mode, use the directional buttons or the left stick to select the icon you want to delete, and then press the triangle button. Select Delete from the menu and OK to confirm. To reinstall Hulu Plus:
- From the home screen, open the PS Store app, then tap Start
- Select the Search option on the top right, type in Hulu Plus and tap the green Ok button
- Select the Hulu Plus app and then the Download button
- Once complete, push the PS button to go back to the home screen, where the app will install
- Tap on the bouncing Hulu Plus app to open it