Getting started with Hulu Plus on your Roku is quick and easy – Download Hulu Plus from the Channel store, log in with your Hulu Plus credentials or sign up, and you're ready to start watching.
Below, you can find out how to set up and get the most out of the Hulu Plus channel on your Roku:
Supported Roku Models
Roku Streaming Stick
All Roku Devices must be running version 2.8 (build 1158) or above
For more information about upgrading your version, visit Roku's site here
Setting up Hulu Plus on your Roku
In most cases, the Hulu Plus Channel will automatically appear on your Roku Home Screen. If it doesn't, you can add it by following these steps:
- Go to your Roku Home Screen by clicking the home button on your remote
- Navigate to, and enter, the Roku Channel Store
- Scroll down and select the Hulu Plus Channel
- Select add channel to confirm
Logging in to Your Hulu Plus Account
When you first launch the Hulu Plus Channel, you will be asked if you are already a Hulu Plus subscriber. If you are, you can use either of the two methods below to log in to your account. Otherwise you can view a sampling of videos within the App, or go to hulu.com/plus to get your subscription started.**
** If you recently purchased a new Roku and received a unique Hulu Plus signup link, please use that to get started.
Using the On-Screen Keyboard
- On the Activate This Device page, select Log in to Hulu Plus
- Use the on-screen keyboard to enter your email address and password
- Then move the cursor down, and select Login
Or, you can activate Hulu Plus on your Roku at Hulu.com/activate
- On the Activate This Device page, you will see an alphanumeric Device Activation Code (for example, 6K47J3)
- Using a standard web browser, navigate to hulu.com/activate (and sign in, if prompted)
- Enter the device activation code displayed on your TV screen and click Activate
- Within about 30 seconds, your Roku will be automatically logged in to your Hulu Plus account
Streaming issues with Hulu Plus on your Roku
If you're having trouble using Hulu Plus on your Roku, we recommend performing a speed test of your connection. Visit speedtest.net and click on the green Begin Test button. Once the test is complete, compare the results against our requirements.
If your speed test results exceed our requirements, here are some general tips that may help:
- Power off your Roku, modem and router for a full 60 seconds.
- Disconnect any other devices from your network.
- Remove the Hulu Plus channel and then re-add it via the Channel Store
- Ensure that you have the most recent firmware installed on your Roku. Go to Settings > Player Info > Check for Update
- Try the solutions offered in the "How do I improve my Roku player connection to content servers?" article on the Roku Support site.