At Hulu, our mission is to help people find and enjoy the world's premium content when, where and how they want it. Most recently, we have worked with Google to enable our mobile applications to take advantage of the native capabilities of the Chromecast device and support Androids (phone and tablets) and iPad/iPhone (iOS). The Hulu Plus app for Chromecast is a seamless experience that offers a new and exciting way to engage with the shows you love most.
Below are some sections to help you get the most out of Hulu Plus on your Google Chromecast:
* At this time, Hulu Plus is not available to stream through iPod touch or Windows Phone 8 to Google Chromecast.
Once you've set up your Google Chromecast, please connect your iOS and/or Android device to the same Wi-Fi network. Then, make sure that your iOS and/or Android device is running the most recent version of the Hulu Plus app. To do this:
1. Go to your Home screen
2. Tap on the App Store
3. Select Updates at the bottom right-hand corner
4. Tap Update next to the Hulu Plus app if applicable. If there are no updates, you're all set.
5. Access the Hulu Plus app, where you should see the Cast icon at the top right-hand corner.
* If you don't see the Cast icon, please ensure that your iPad/iPhone and Google Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Go to your Home Screen
2. Tap on the Play Store
3. Tap on the menu button (three square dots) at the top right-hand corner.
* If you're on a tablet, you may need to tap the downloads button (down arrow) to access your apps. If so, move to step #5.
4. Select My Apps
5. Tap Update next to the Hulu Plus app if applicable. If there are no updates, you're all set.
6. Access the Hulu Plus app, where you should see the Cast icon at the top right-hand corner.
* If you don't see the Cast icon, please ensure that your Android device and Google Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Can I watch videos on Chromecast in autoplay/continuous mode?
Not at the moment, but we are working on this functionality for a future release that will allow continuous play.
2. Will there be HD quality content available through Hulu Plus on Google Chromecast?
3. What is the Hulu Plus user experience like on Google Chromecast?
Selecting a Chromecast device from your phone or tablet app will pair up the two. Once this is done, any video you select on your Hulu Plus app will be cast directly to your TV while letting you browse the app. Both the Chromecast device and your mobile device need to be on the same Wi-Fi network for this to work. You can also cast a video from your mobile device player while it’s playing on your mobile device. There is no Hulu Plus UI on Chromecast itself—your mobile device is the UI and controller of the experience. Once the casting session is in progress, you can play, pause, switch captions and scroll through episodes using your mobile device.
4. Can I continue browsing the Hulu Plus app while casting a video on Chromecast?
Yes, the custom remote control is designed with app browsing in mind so you can use the app normally while casting on Chromecast.
5. Can I control the volume of the video with my device's volume buttons?
At this time, only Android devices can adjust playback volume with the physical volume buttons on the side of the device; iPads do not currently have this feature, and can only control audio with the volume bar present in our player.
If the above did not help, we have some troubleshooting steps handy for you in this help article.