Getting started on TiVo Premiere
To get started with Hulu on your TiVo Premiere, access the app from TiVo Central, log in with your Hulu credentials, and you're ready to start watching.
Downloading the Hulu app
You must have a Premiere running software version 14.8 or higher. You can verify your software version by going to TiVo Central and then Messages and Settings > Account & System Information > System Information. If you are not currently running software version 14.8 or higher, please see TiVo software version information to receive the new software.
TiVo Premiere boxes will automatically download the necessary software for this feature within 10 days of feature launch. Please note that you may not see the Hulu application appear on your TiVo Premiere until a day or two after updating to software version 14.8. To manually initiate a connection to the TiVo service, go to TiVo Central and select Messages & Settings > Settings > Network & Phone > Connect to the TiVo service now.
How to play videos on Hulu
- In My Account go to Change DVR Preferences and confirm that 'Enable video downloads' is checked.
- Access Hulu on your TiVo box:
- TiVo with HD menus: From TiVo Central go to Find TV, Movies, & Videos > Hulu.
- TiVo with SD menus: From TiVo Central go to Music, Photos, & Showcases > Hulu.
- Link your TiVo box with your Hulu account by following the on-screen prompts. When asked if you’re already a Hulu subscriber, say ‘Yes’. You will be provided with a code which you must enter online at www.hulu.com/activate. Alternatively, you can use enter your Hulu login credentials through the log-in screen to activate the device.
Back to Top