The Custom Video is one of our most versatile units. Whether you have limited or no assets, Hulu will create a custom video utilizing the full spectrum of sight, sound, and motion.
Each custom video has a unique production timeline based off project's scope and scale.
Deliverables to Hulu:
While Hulu is able to work with a great variety of assets in the creation of Custom Video, the preferred formats, where appropriate and available, include:
• Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) video files
• Accompanying audio, split-track (if available)
• Vector brand logos in .eps or .ai format (if available)
• Brand style guides
• Brand font
• For motion graphics assets, AE project files with associated media (if available)
• 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080
• 16:9 pixel aspect ratio
• No black bars
• 1440 x 1080
• 4:3 pixel aspect ratio
• No black bars
• Quicktime movie (.mov)
• MPEG-4 (.mp4) format only
Max File Size
• 2 channels only
• PCM Audio
• 16 or 24 bit only
• 48 kHz sample rate
• Audio is required
• 23.98 or 29.97
• Constant frame rate only
• Apple ProRes 422 HQ codec preferred
• (H.264 codec is accepted, but bitrate must be at least 50 Mbps)
• Interlaced video is not accepted
• Constant Bitrate (CBR) 15-30 Mbps
• Main Profile @ Main Level (MP@ML)
• 4:2:0 Color Space
• Please make content progressive.
• Normal Video Creative: 15 or :30 seconds.
• Extended Video Creative: 3 minutes or less.
Hosted by Hulu
• Video must be submitted without leaders
(i.e slates, countdowns).
• If assets are delivered with leaders, Hulu will edit them and a Production Fee will be added to the final invoice.
Third Party Tags
• Completion Rate
• Time Spent Viewing