Each custom video has a unique production timeline based off project's scope and scale.
Deliverables to Hulu:
While Hulu is able to work with a great variety of assets in the creation of Custom Video, the preferred formats, where appropriate and available, include:
• Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) video files
• Accompanying audio, split-track (if available)
• Vector brand logos in .eps or .ai format (if available)
• Brand style guides
• Brand font
• For motion graphics assets, AE project files with associated media (if available)
• 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080
• 16:9 pixel aspect ratio
• No black bars
• 1440 x 1080
• 4:3 pixel aspect ratio
• No black bars
• Quicktime movie (.mov)
• MPEG-4 (.mp4) format only
Max File Size
• 2 channels only
• Audio (HD/SD): 192 kbps minimum & PCM (preferred) or AAC codec
• 16 or 24 bit only
• 48 kHz sample rate
• Audio is required
• 23.98 or 29.97
• Constant frame rate only
• Apple ProRes 422 HQ codec preferred
• (H.264 codec is accepted, but bitrate must be at least 50 Mbps)
• Interlaced video is not accepted
• Constant Bitrate (CBR) 15-30 Mbps
• Main Profile @ Main Level (MP@ML)
• 4:2:0 Color Space
• Please make content progressive.
• Normal Video Creative: 15 or :30 seconds.
• Extended Video Creative: 3 minutes or less.
Hosted by Hulu
• Video must be submitted without leaders
(i.e slates, countdowns).
• If assets are delivered with leaders, Hulu will edit them and a Production Fee will be added to the final invoice.
Third Party Tags
Hulu accepts standard tags and supports VAST. For additional VAST information, please click here to visit our FAQ document.
• Completion Rate
• Time Spent Viewing